I last updated this list August 7th. The vast majority of applications on the market are now Vista compliant. I updated Microsoft Money 2007 to Plus and ranted yesterday about the lack of testing, how could they let this product out the door. I have also updated my Adobe's Photo Elements to version 6 which sports a whole new look, I am not sure I like it yet. I also upgraded my Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6 to Vegas Pro 8. It was expensive but this is a very nice piece of software and has been extremely solid. I am using it to edit my video reviews on pocketnow.com, it is performing very well, however I have a lot to learn about its functionality. I am now using iTunes 7.5 which has resolved my calendar synchronization issues with Outlook 2007. I never did get MusicBridge between iTunes and Windows Media Player to work, I have given up that endeavor for now. I also upgraded Acronis to version 11 which works much better with Vista.
Applications that work
- Office 2007 - Vista compliant application
- Office 2003 - Seems to work without any problems
- Money 2007 - an update is available and it works well.
- SQL Server 2005 works fine with SP2.
- Office Accounting Professional 2007 SP1- works well.
- Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 - works well with Office Accounting 2007 and integrated database.
- Nuance's Paperport 11 released an update which can be downloaded and works well. The update process is little cumbersome since you have to uninstall the old versions and then have to terminate multiple processes including SQL Server to enable the install to complete successfully.
- ECTO 2.3.3 blogging application works well.
- SmartFTP requires version 2.0 build 1002 or later.
- ImgBurn version 2.1.0 works well.
- Acronis 11.0 True Image Home backup now 100% Vista compliant. Read my backup scheme here.
- Adobe Photo Elements 6.0 - Vista compliant and new look.
- Sling Media Sling Player for Windows 1.5, it looks like bug fixes. No major release for Vista yet.
- Kiwi Syslog Service version 8.1.3 works with Vista and records all my D-Link DFL-210 events. I had to create a firewall rule to allow port 514 through the firewall (same as in XP). Here is my post on the subject.
- APC PowerChute Business Edition version 7.0.5 works well with business class UPS'.
- TyTool 10r4 to extract files from a series 1 Directv Tivo works. I was able create a DVD file structure.
- Hyperterminal Private Edtion from Hilgraeve - This is the old version of Hyperterminal and works fine, too bad Microsoft left it out of Vista.
- iTunes 7.5 - It still is not 100% Vista compatible but works ok, it still flakes out sometimes and won't play tracks, however a reboot cures the problem.
- Ilium Software eWallet 5.0 - Works very well.
- Diskeeper 2007 version 11.0.703.0 - Works well on my Lenovo X60.
- APC PowerChute Personal Edition version 2.1.1 works well.
- PuTTY version .60, raw, telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and serial terminal emulator.
- Adobe Reader version 8.1. New name for Adobe Acrobat.
Application that seem to work or I have not fully tested
- VentaFax 5.71 - Inbound Fax with Vista service works, print driver function does not work.
- VentaFax 5.80 - They fixed the print driver function but the windows service does not work.
Application that do not work
Currently none. System is very stable.